Friday, December 12, 2008

Special Surprise!




On Monday night, Bill and I found out that we are expecting our first child. That night I had the urge to "pee on a stick", which is not that uncommon for, and to my complete surprise I actually had a second line this time, although very faint, still a line. I showed it to Bill and asked him if I was going crazy and seeing things. When he looked at it, I knew from the look on his face that he saw it too. Although I was super excited at this point, Bill was still skeptical, especially because it was a Dollar Tree test. I have always been told that "a line is a line" but he needed further convincing, so I went to CVS to get an EPT digital readout test. This one literally reads out "pregnant" or "not pregnant", so there would be no confusion as to the results. As I was waiting anxiously for the results, I started to get really nervous that maybe the first test was wrong, and I was getting my hopes up for nothing, but just then, the results showed that I was indeed "pregnant". I don't think I had ever been more excited in my entire life. Bill definitely seemed a little nervous about it at first, but after the initial shock wore off, I think he would agree with me that we have both never been so happy or excited as we are for this little one.
We decided that night that we would tell the people closest to us right away. I always wear my heart on my sleeve and I know for a fact that I would not be able to hide my emotions for very long. So we agreed that rather than have me stressing out about keeping this a secret we would just share our happy news. So the next day, after being awake all night, I could not wait to start calling everyone. We had so much fun telling our families and friends and everyone seemed to share our excitement, especially my side of the family, as this will be the first grandchild for my parents and first great-grandchild for my grandparents. My friends were all very supportive, especially because some have just had a child or are now expecting. Since Bill had to go away for work that night, Lisa and Cam came over for dinner to keep me company and Lisa brought over some great little gifts for me. She gave me her copy of "What to Expect When You're Expecting", a bottle of prenatal vitamins (great idea!), and a pregnancy journal that I absolutely love. That was so thoughtful of her. And although Cammy is only 8 mos. old, I think she was very excited to have a new friend : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!